National Governance and Public Administration Reform Programme Secretariat Support Project
What is the project about?
This project contributes to the broader National Governance and Public Administration Reform Programme (NGPAR). The objective of this government-led programme is to strengthen the capacity of public administration to deliver efficient, effective, transparent and accountable services to citizens.
The project will help to meet the needs of the Lao people through high level oversight and leadership, strategic management and support to all components of the national GPAR Programme.
What have we accomplished so far?
- Developed and shared the concept note on a new phase of the Governance and Public Administration Reform with key stakeholders following the guidance on local government development from the Leading Committee on Governance.
- Strengthened capacity of the Ministry of Home Affairs to effectively coordinate and monitor the implementation of the NGPAR programme and related activities by support training on ICT and Graphic design to 14 staff members of the NGPAR Secretariat and the Ministry of Home Affairs staff. Support English Training is also ongoing for six Ministry of Home Affairs staff members.
- Provided support seminar on statistics and planning matters to the staff members of all 18 Provincial Offices of Home Affairs. In total, 74 staff participated, 15 of them female.
- Improved coordination of Development Partner assistance through the Governance Sector Working Group, sub-sector working groups and resource mobilisation to support programme implementation.
Who finances it?
|Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
|United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
|Government (parallel)||USD 10,000|
Delivery in previous fiscal year
|2014: US$ 247,624
- 2012 - 2015
- Geographic Coverage
- Vientiane Capital
- Focus Area
- Project Officer
- Ms. Viengmala Phomsengsavanh
- Implementing Partners
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA)